There is a significant collaboration with applied centres dedicated to atmosphere and ocean dynamics worldwide, including the UK Meteorological Office, the European Centre for Medium-Range Weather Forecasts, Southampton Oceanography Centre, the Universities of Reading, London and Cambridge, as well as many European, North American and Australian centres.
- Scottish Oceans Institute
- Marine Alliance for Scotland and Technology for Scotland
- Royal Society of Edinburgh
- Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council
- Natural Environment Research Council
- Carnegie Trust for the Universities of Scotland
- The Leverhulme Trust
Possibly interesting things to do with computing, applied mathematics and fluid dynamics:
- What Every Computer Scientist Should Know About Floating-Point Arithmetic - a really useful technical guide to floating point number representation.
- Computing in Maths - Introductory notes on using Fortran 90 (by Dr. Steve Brooks @ St Andrews).